Friday, August 29, 2008

livin' la vida

I've never had a week so full yet so free of stress. Hurray for unemployment! I am embracing this freedom and I can't thank the higher powers enough for all the blessings.
How lucky am I that I can take this break and not be in any pressure to get back to work. It sure helps that we have a rent-free roof over our heads; that we don't have kids to send to school yet; that our living standards are very realistic and amazingly, our definition of luxury always fall within our means.
I'd be a hypocrite if I say we don't spend. Sure, we are big shoppers but we make sure that every purchase is justified. If Dino has a lot of toys and comic books, it is to make sure that his inspiration and creativity are sustained. If I buy new shoes and clothes, I cannot say that I will be saving the world...but there is always a long deliberation between 'need' and 'want.'
Case in point, my Target monkey slippers that I wore to its death:

Now hello, new puppy slippers!

Hennysey-way, I truly feel blessed and I'm enjoying this moment because I know it's not always going to be like this.

I used to be so depressed and anxious when I was in between jobs...when I wasn't involved in any artistic projects. It was as if I had zero worth at all if I didn't produce anything (art,work, shows).
I don't know if it comes with being 32 or having the carpal tunnel/tendonitis reason to quit my job...or maybe the fact that I have Dino to rely on when it comes to a regular income to pay our bills...I just feel at peace right now even though I am not working.

I am definitely not lowering my standards...the dreams and goals are endless. It's just that at this moment, it feels so good to breathe, relax...and just be.

No comments: