Tuesday, July 22, 2008

sting to me gently






I went to Shoreline Amphitheater after work on July 14th. It was E's birthday and we had planned on watching The Police and Elvis Costello concert.
I left the house after 7:30. Traffic wasn't bad at all until I exited into Shoreline Blvd. Although the concert traffic leading to the parking was very systematic, there was relative delay. Plus I had to walk about half a mile of dust road to get to the main gates of the venue. No big deal.

Just a few minutes after I've passed the ticket gates, The Police started the show by playing that SOS song. What happened to Elvis Costello, the musician I was more excited to be there for? Oh well...
It didn't take long before I found E and another friend, David. Suddenly I felt so tired. Then I just remembered that I had taken a downer pill before I left home. I was working earlier in the day, had too much caffeinated soda and I had to take something to pacify my elevated heartbeat. Silly, silly me.
It could'a been the downer or The Police is just not my thing. The crowd was a mish mash of young and old...of frat boys and hippie chicks...drunk people and their funny dancing, but mostly folks reliving their 1980's or 90's...I wasn't one of the latter.

Above are some photos I was able to take before a concert staff told me to stop using my camera. I brought the smallest DSLR I own, and still the guy insisted I put it away because it is considered a "professional" camera. I argued it was not at all a pro and his response was "if your lens can be detached, then it is professional." I said my lens wasn't "pro" enough to be be able to take a clear shot of the stage, which is a million galaxies away from where I was standing. He recited his line again, "if your lens can be detached, then it is professional." Okay, dude. Whatever!

Enoy the photos Sting. Go ahead and sue me.

No comments: