Sunday, July 13, 2008

lady unibrow


Armi emailed me some photos that she took of me when we went to SF for Gay Pride (late June). I particularly like this one on the BART train, as it has Frida Kahlo's poster in the background.

We were lucky enough to catch the Frida Kahlo show at the SFMoma that weekend. It was so well-attended, we were given a time slot to see the exhibit.
Totally loved the collection...it's always amazing to see paintings in the flesh. It's a world of difference from the texbooks, of course. I just realized, I have yet to see a painting that is inferior in real life viewing.
Photos as works of art are somewhat different matter. There have been photographs that impressed me in a magazine/book/website and were disappointing to see in actuality.
Kinda like people (ahem) who have fabulous facebook pictures and they're total wallpapers or you just pass them in the streets.



No comments: