Tuesday, July 22, 2008

turning point

I feel so handsfree.
Today was my last day at work. I was supposed to stay another two weeks but my tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome made the decision change for me.
Funny, I had a perfect shot percentage (number of appointments completed divided by number of appointments booked) and a high sale percentage (2 membership plans sold out of 5 appointments) on my very last day. This result prompted my ex-boss to ask "Are you sure you don't want to stay?"

It's the end of the road for me and this company Our365 Portraits. I had contemplated the decision long enough. I even took a month break to think about my future or non-future with them. My painful, numb at times, irritated and bandaged/braced hands presented the best case.
I won't have extra money in the next weeks for sure but I'll take that over having damaged hands ANY DAY.


I had missed posting the result of my Nerve Condunction test at Kaiser hospital a week ago. Basically, my doctor told me that my right hand is still positive for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. My left is not as bad CTS-wise, but I do have tendonitis on this side. I was advised to continue wearing a wrist brace during the day, take Ibuprofen twice daily and put ice on my left wrist for 20 minutes both day and night.
It might be a long way before I'm completely rid of such discomforts. I'm just glad I won't have to wake up early tomorrow and carry heavy equipment anymore.

No comments: