Thursday, January 8, 2009

precious

I was so careless! After finding the journals from inside the Fedex envelope, I got too excited and did not bother looking for other things...like a note that supposedly came with it. I knew who it was from as the parcel was properly labeled.
I almost threw away the card that Armi made for us. Yes, I was so selfish and thought that the two notebooks were exclusively mine! It did not occur to me that there are two people in this household, the other deserving of a gift too.
How could I forgive myself if I had lost this card to the garbage bin as well?! It's a card that Armi made herself. I love the design! The shape of birds were cut out of the card's cover and they reveal the japanese paper underneath.

On the inside page, there is a paper crane attached to it.


Thanks to intarwebz technology, I was able to correct my mistake. I immediately sent a thank you note to Armi on Facebook. Impressed with the journals, I mentioned how I was looking for a tag or brand name.
Armi responded with a bit of alarm and asked if I didn't find the card. There was a letter too and in it she had explained that she made the two journal covers out of her own shirt :)

Thank you so much, Armi!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and meaningful gifts are the best things you can ever get. My life is good. How about u? .... Ek / Academy of Art (photo)
ek_sarathana@yahoo.com

ninadi said...

hello again, ek! I'm happy to hear from you. Yes, life is good. Happy 2009 to you :)