Saturday, December 13, 2008

ocean beach

I'm slowly finding my path. Being out of work for some months now, and also with much prodding from Dino, I made the decision to recover my artist child.
Although I've had the opportunity to work as a photographer in the last 4 years, I have not really cultivated the artist in me with any consistency. The artist that I aimed to be since I finished my fine art degree has been in the shadows and I just realized that this has made me so unhappy. There's an important part of my self that I've neglected for years.
I've had too many fears, and I still do...but I cannot allow my self to be in this negative situation any longer.

I just started a course to recover my creativity and inspiration with the help of a book called The Artist's Way. In the past weeks I've been following the ideas, suggested activities and tasks in the book.
I'm slowly going back to taking pictures for myself and not for a company or other purposes. I'm trying to rediscover the pleasure of taking photos, without preconceived ideas and simply going out and just doing it.









1 comment:

writedove said...

"I'm trying to rediscover the pleasure of taking photos, without preconceived ideas and simply going out and just doing it."

Enjoyed your effort and the results. Stay the course, I can only imagine that your "artist child" will repay the favor with emotions of happiness, contentment, joy and laughter.

John