Tuesday, December 16, 2008

distance

I just received a Christmas card from my mom in the Philippines and I cannot stop crying.
The card contains a quote from some person named Linda Sackett-Morrison. I don't really care who she is but I am thankful that she and Blue Mountain Arts card company exist. No matter how unoriginal, I choose to hear my mother's voice through these printed words.

"My daughter, these special wishes are just for you at Christmas...

When you close your eyes at the end of each day, I wish you contented and peaceful sleep.
When you are fearful or uncertain, I wish for warmth and light to surround you.
When you dream, I wish you soaring images and endless possibilities.
When you wake each morning, I wish you the joy of anticipating a beautiful day ahead.
When you face problems, I wish you boundless strength and courage to guide you.
When you walk along your path, I wish you lasting friendships to brighten your way.
Most of all, I wish you love...to fill your heart and make your world complete."

No comments: