Sunday, September 7, 2008

staycating

We've made a big pocket hole with our gas consumption this week. It's enough to make us feel guilty and need a counterbalance of sorts.
I think I'm going to impose a personal driving "diet." Before our coming Hawaii trip, I do need to practice some major spending restraint.

Been having too much fun lately. Gosh, what is with me and guilt right now? I've been out everyday, I'm already tired just recalling everything that happened recently. It could be the heat just draining me of enthusiasm.

Dino and I woke up at 9am Saturday and decided that the gas guzzlin' guilt was not going to rob us of our weekend. We got showered and headed straight to SF.
By the time we got to the city, it was lunch time. We made a yummy choice with Pakwan on 16th and Guerrero.
Dino's main motivation for going to the city was Ritual Coffee. He's been raving about this cafe since he first tried it. So after lunch, we walked from 16th to 21st street.
Makes sense, right? Coffee on an extremely hot day. I asked for a cold drink and was given an iced double espresso. Double the dehydration, please. KTnxBye.

The heat was phenomenal. I developed heat rash on my upper back at the end of the day-- unbelievable as it may sound as I come from a tropical country, but the last time I had this skin reaction was before kindergarten when I had too much time playing out in the streets.
So that was weird. I didn't even have heat rash when we went to the desert for Burning Man. I was probably too caffeinated yesterday, my skin was all sorts of crazy.

The rest of our afternoon was spent in Golden Gate park for the Power to the Peaceful event. Met up with the Velascos and had a grand time chit-chatting, playing with Zoe and just taking in the peaceful crowd.

The piece de resistance: dinner at Kuya's in San Bruno.

Crispy short ribs. Baked mussels in garlic and butter. Pork Sinigang. Bobo Chacha, or was it Coco Boogie, dessert.

Food coma, yes. Longer life, no.








No comments: