Sunday, September 21, 2008

head bang

So I had this migraine since morning. It's been two days since we got back from Hawaii and each time I woke up groggy + back and neck strained = horrible. Usually I would solve this bad equation with the food formula. It didn't apply today.
We tried to simulate an unforgettable breakfast in Kailua (the banana pancakes with macadamia nut sauce) by going to this place I found online called Original Pancake House. It was "meh."Nothing lived up to how they were appetizingly described in the website.

Basically their menu had all the right keywords except the macadamia sauce. They did have "Hawaiian Sauce," which we later found out to have too much of orange zest.


I didn't order the pancake for myself. The migraine ruled out working in the kitchen for me but I wanted Dino to have a nice first meal since he was going to have a very full Saturday of computer work.

I'm still avoiding certain kind of carbs so I had the spinach OMELET.

The cooking idea was as original as their spelling. The egg was mixed with what I presumed to be some kind of batter or cream, which made the egg dish very fluffy. I must have ordered the wrong kind though...the spinach was so thick, like they used a frozen slab of it and baked it with the rest of the egg.

Breakfast, fail. Headache, all sorts of wrong. At the very least I had food in my tummy before I popped my first Advil.

At 12:30pm I had to force myself to sleep. By 4pm I was awake and hungry again. I got up and made myself a quickie meal. All of a sudden Dino told me that we had dinner guests coming in at 7pm. This couple didn't confirm at all until they were on their way to San Jose from Sacramento. Then I had to rush and get them a present from the mall cos we failed to show up at their wedding day! Popped my second Advil.

Dinner went well. The pain pill kept me from any tendency to bang my head on the wall. I was wishing we could just stay home afterward but Dino had said yes to a birthday party in San Mateo. I have nothing against birthday parties but when it's in a club setting, yes yes yo. Third Advil.


Headache's at a minimum now. I still want to write, like about our Hawaii trip and such heavenly whatever. All day I've been HATING because of this headache and I thought I should enumerate the highlights of our vacation...like a diversion...cos I wouldn't want to OD on Advil...but it's kinda late already and I really want to wake up all rested and ache-free tomorrow. I have to drive to SF for the Treasure Island festival.

Hawaii details next time.

No comments: