Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hawaii 2: Tossing my To Do list

I easily thought that Dino was a douche bag for dismissing my list slash Hawaii Life Plan. What a jerk for making light of my well documented Comprehensive Strategy for the Enjoyment and Pleasurable Experience of the Northern Point of the Polynesia.

I ended up being the dork with an uncalled for thesis, bibliography and footnotes... and Dino was the cool dude who came late to class, not prepared at all.

BUT, I was the one who's unemployed and had much time to over analyze a vacation. In the same week that they launched the Large Hadron Collider, I got too caught up in the trip planning and felt as if it would be our only chance at Hawaii.

Dino works too hard and gets extremely focused on his job that all he wants for a free time is to be dumb, sans all pressure and the daily problem solving.

Sure, what is a vacation without seeking and exploring but I admitted later on that my mental preparation was a bit over the top. Too eager and worried about making it the perfect trip, I was creating too much expectation and less fun.

No comments: