Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dino is on a mission: to prepare an enclosed water habitat for his future pet octopus, Mister Boots.
First it was named Mister Pants, but then it's found out that the name's already taken by his co-worker's cat.

A water tank was bought and how expensive it was! I don't even want to know how much the actual octopus will cost. Now I'm expecting a lot of things from this Boots guy. He better amuse and impress me. With that I mean, I want to see antics other than the ones on YouTube like opening glass jars.
Apparently, these creatures are smart as dogs. I actually read a story about a zoo octopus that shot water at a lighting fixture, causing a power outage. It was irritated by the lights still on beyond zoo hours, or it was doing some covert operations at night and didn't want to get tracked/identified by security cameras. I probably made that last statement up. It's true about the water shooting incident though.


Some photos from today's outing:
corals for sale @ Dolphin Pet Village in Campbell (huge store and very helpful sales people)


rainbow on our way home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm excited for the arrival or mr. boots roa! =)

ninadi said...

dino's having an issue with his aquarium. it might not be ready and thriving with necessary bacteria life in just a month. uh oh!