Thursday, August 21, 2008

goh!







Goh Nakamura launched his 2nd album to a packed Cafe du Nord last night. Dino grabbed a copy and I will listen to it soon. He might have left it in his jacket's pocket...

There were two opening acts. First was this jazz vocalist from Brooklyn, Michelle Amador. Very soothing voice she has...reminded me of Cocteau Twins, Mazzy Star, and the Sundays. Loved her! I didn't have enough cash for the cd and dreaded the thought of walking in SF cold to the ATM. It was a stupid decision really.

The band Scrabble followed. They were really good. Although I got bored after their hundredth song. It's tricky, these shows...the individual songs were great but their set was way too long. I was already tired before Goh even came up!

So annoyed about Scrabble...I kept looking at my watch and thinking about the long drive home...thought it was unfair and compromised my enjoyment of Goh's performance.

I had a great time being out on a Wednesday. That one cocktail kept me up til about 5am though...next time, no cola in my rum. Not even my zzzz pill could help me. Crazy.

No comments: