Wednesday, July 30, 2008

snap, crack and pop

Tired and old. It's how I feel in the mornings lately. Although I stopped working, I still haven't gotten a full night's sleep. Come to think of it, I haven't had one in ages. If I did, I would definitely mark it and celebrate each year.
I go to bed late but still wake up early. I take a sleeping pill, get knocked out and still wake up early. What is with my body clock? The only people I know who wake up early no matter what are the old ones in our family.

Anyway, I shouldn't be complaining and make use of the extra hours I gain. Nature or History must be telling me that this lack of sleep has built empires and civilizations, produced Van Gogh's and Picasso's or (insert nouns of greatness here) blah, blah.

There's a lot of work to be done in my house to start with...hmm, a childhood memory comes up...my mom would start cleaning the house very early, when everyone was still in bed. I must have been programmed to do the same. No...not the cleaning part. More like my college professor who told us how she would do all her darkroom work early in the morning, be done by breakfast and have the rest of the day to lounge around, walk outside and just breathe life.

It's probably a common affliction and what I'm writing does not make sense. I'm probably still sleeping too, I just don't know it.

No comments: