Saturday, July 26, 2008

american splenda


I'm home alone this weekend. Dino flew to San Diego to take pictures of fat nerds and geeks in the Joker costume. Seriously, that's one of his goals at the Comic Convention. He said he'll post the pictures in Twitter. Hilarious, I must admit. The Twitter part though, gay. I don't get Twitter.
Anyway, I can't argue with that nerds-in-Joker costume statistical prediction. Comic Con is the perfect place for being in a costume pre-halloween. Heath Ledger's Joker outfit/make up is set to replace 2007's D*ck in a Box in popularity and I'm even going to bet that we'll see less of The Crow in all of Geekdom this year. Not that I go there...to the kingdom of geeks.

Ok, about the picture on the right. That's my lunch today: grilled asparagus and baby portabello mushrooms. Yum! Plus some sauteed chinese green beans with chopped up mushrooms, onions and garlic. I was even feeling chef-y today so I used some truffle oil infused porcini mushrooms. I know, mushroom overload! I'm still waiting for the pyschedelic vision though...
That Coke zero on the left of my plate is not a cheat. It's Zero sugar and calorie.

I started being on a diet (again) three days ago and I've been eating a lot of vegetables. I have to cut the wrong kind of carbs, fats and sugar from my diet. It's working! I've lost 2.5 pounds already.

The benefit of not working is that I'm able to watch what I eat. I can take my time in the grocery, cook and really plan my meals.
With my last job, I rarely had the chance to sit down and eat a proper lunch. If I didn't bring my own food, my first option would be an Original size Jamba Juice for breakfast and the hope that it would sustain me for the rest of the day. If I didn't get my smoothie fix, then I would have to maneuver my schedule to squeeze in some time for lunch...depending on my location, the usual choices were the following drive thru places: In n Out, Wendy's or Jack in the Box. Most times I hated fast food so I ended up snacking on 100-calorie packs of pretzels or cookies while I drove to my appointments...thinking that since they claim to be just a 100 calorie per serving, they're less harmful. At the end of a work day, I'd be so starved and would binge on anything for dinner. Very, very sad.

Well, the terrible eating is behind me now. Cheers to healthy foods and a healthy life.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nina! Di ka pala nagiisa sa bahay over the weekend. My other half naman went to NYC. So home alone din ako :P

Hope all is well.

I'm not used to being alone in a house yet :)

ninadi said...

hi coffy! what's your hubby doing in NY?
Dino came home last night and right now he has a fever. I blame Comic Con.